Re: [INTERFACES] Re: no meaningful way to determine fe or be version?

От Anders Bengtsson
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Re: no meaningful way to determine fe or be version?
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > sorry, yes.  the client-side interfaces (DatabaseMetaData.getDriver*)
> > are actually fine - they return a major/minor version that have been
> > getting manually updated (they're much more visible, being in
> > org/postgresql/Driver.java).  the server-side interfaces
> > (DatabaseMetaData.getDatabase{Name,Version}) are the ones that aren't
> > tied to the server, return hardcoded strings and haven't been getting
> > updated regularly.
>
> Oh, really.  I didn't know there was that distinction.  Sounds like they
> should be callling SELECT version().  Comments, Java folks?

I posted a patch for the JDBC driver to pgsql-interfaces to do just that
some time ago. Don't know what happened to it, though ..

/Anders
A n d e r s  B e n g t s s o n                        anders@lecando.com
http://www.lecando.com