Getting real arrays from array fields in Perl

От Alvar Freude
Тема Getting real arrays from array fields in Perl
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Hello,

i have created a table containing arrays like this:
 CREATE TABLE arraytest (   id SERIAL,   array int8[],   value text )

I use the DBI interface in Perl to handle the database. If i select
arrays in the database, it returns strings instead of real Perl array
refereneces:
 my $arrayref = $db_p->selectall_arrayref("SELECT * FROM arraytest"); use Data::Dumper; print Dumper($arrayref);

The result is:
 $VAR1 = [           [             1,             '{23,24,25,26}',             'foo'           ],           [
 2,             '{1,2,3,4}',             'bar'           ]         ];

I want a structure containing real arrayrefs like this:
 $VAR1 = [           [             1,             [ 23,24,25,26 ],             'foo'           ],           [
 2,             [ 1,2,3,4 ],             'bar'           ]         ];

Is there an option to get the desired behaviour? I couldn't find
anything in the documentation of Postgres and DBD::Pg.

Thank you
Alvar

--
Alvar C.H. Freude  |  alvar.freude@merz-akademie.de