Re: [GENERAL] libpq.so.2.0 problem

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: [GENERAL] libpq.so.2.0 problem
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> I've found the problem.  Trond was right, it was the fact that the
> programs are linked against libpq.so.2.1, not libpq.so.2.  And I was
> right, too :-), in that it was the -soname switch, which essentially seems
> to say "If you link with me, record that fact that I'm really <soname>."

There are two problems here, not just the one.  This is the one
problem.  The other is that _existing_ RPM packaged apps still need
support -- even though they were linked against the full soname.

> If you want to fix this in the RPMs, do something along the following
> lines (manually simulated patch) in Makefile.shlib:

That is useful information.  Thanks.

> Apps linked against the old libraries will not be fixed until relinked.

Or until the RPM's supply 'stop-gap' symlinks to help existing packages.

I'll implement both, as they solve two sides of the same problem.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio