Re: Outer Joins

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Outer Joins
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Marc, Tom,

> Good point.  Frankly, if you have a relevant large population of data
> (>10,000 rows) to test, I'd love to see comparative execution tests
> between the two query structures.
>
> Fortunately, this will all soon become moot; Tom says that outer joins
> have been stable in the 7.1 build for a while.  Speaking of which,
> when's the 7.1 "release"?  Huh, huh?

On second thought, couldn't we use some kind of EXCLUDES clause to
expedite this?  Tom?

Further, it occurs to me that as in my query, you don't want to use "NOT
IN" on *either* version.  Instead, use "NOT EXISTS", which is much, much
faster.

-Josh Berkus

--
______AGLIO DATABASE SOLUTIONS___________________________                                       Josh Berkus  Complete