Re: [GENERAL] Help with restoring a dump in Tar format?(dependencies/ordering)

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Help with restoring a dump in Tar format?(dependencies/ordering)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 06/05/2017 05:59 PM, Ken Tanzer wrote:

>     Not sure why just know that if I stay within the guidelines it
>     works, if I do not its does not work:)
>

> That's fair enough, leaving aside the curiosity part.  Usually though
> the things you can't do just aren't allowed.  It's easier to overlook
> something that you shouldn't (but can) do!

Yes, what you ran into is just a subset of a bigger issue. That being,
there are many ways you can dump a database and not get what you wanted
on the restore. Another example, that is similar, is using the -n switch
to pg_dump when you have cross schema references in the schema you did dump.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com