Re: confused about *nix ODBC drivers

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: confused about *nix ODBC drivers
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
> The source tree for the 7.1 snapshot contains an
> src/interfaces/odbc/odbc.sql file containing "PostgreSQL catalog
> extensions for ODBC compliance" which I did run against my 7.1 installation.
> Maybe this has something to do with. I don´t know whether these catalog
> extension where part of the 6.5 distro, because I don´t have a 6.5
> source tree at hand.

The extensions are not part of the 6.5 tree, but they can be applied to
a 6.5 database. They are simply functions defined in ODBC which are
synonyms for existing SQL9x or PostgreSQL functions. That is why they
can be defined with just "create function" statements and no compiled
code.

I doubt that they would contribute to a connectivity or operability
problem.
                      - Thomas