Re: Question about pgaccess

От Constantin Teodorescu
Тема Re: Question about pgaccess
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
"Rich.Martin" wrote:

> Hello,
> Ok, I'll admit it I'm a newbee. However, I can't find an answer to this
> problem in the documentation anywhere.
>
> I'm running Red Hat linux 6.1 and have my PostgreSQL server going (and I
> have -i variable set), and pgaccess starts up fine. I've created several
> users and databases in postgress, but when I go to open them in pgaccess I
> get the following message:
>
>         Error trying to connect to database 'dbname' on host localhost
>
>         PostgreSQL error message: Connection to 'database' failed FATAL 1: Database
> 'dbname' does not exist in pg_database"
>
> So, I hunted down the file pg_database in the /var/lib/pgsql/ directory and
> opened it. The only thing in it is a $. How do I get PostgreSQL to write to
> that file, if it should? It was the only one with that name on the system.
>
> The only thing I could think that might be wrong would be the path (Plus I
> never did find a file called .login in my home directory).

If psql could open that database, PgAccess should open it also.
are you opening PgAccess under a user that have been defined for
postgresql ?
try the same thing as 'postgres' user!

--
Constantin Teodorescu
General Investment Group

От: Joseph Shraibman
Сообщение: Re: XML Support in Postgres
От: Peter Mount
Сообщение: RE: JDBC 2.0 Api compliancy and integration