Errors on restoring a dumpall

От Kevin O'Gorman
Тема Errors on restoring a dumpall
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
When I migrated to the 7.1 tree, I brought with me my 7.0.2 database.
It's fair sized (6GB) but the problems I had seem to be in the
system stuff.

I'm not even sure if the database is correctly loaded now, and that's
gotta be something no DBA would like.  I'm not even all that happy
about the one NOTICE that I recieved.

The NOTICE is:
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE/PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index 'teach_pkey' for
table 'teach'

Provoked by:
CREATE TABLE "teach" (       "prof" character varying(5) NOT NULL,       "class" character varying(5),       PRIMARY
KEY("prof")

);

This seems like too much feedback to me.

The more serious message is 6 copies of
CHANGE
ERROR:  aclinsert3: insertion before world ACL??

Provoked by things like:
REVOKE ALL on "pga_queries" from PUBLIC;
GRANT ALL on "pga_queries" to
PUBLIC;

And I have three problems with this:
1) Why is pg_dumpall producing something that provokes errors at all?
2) Why doesn't the error message give more info about the table involved?  It's kinda hard to pick out the culprit from
a3GB script.

3) I'm confused: is "PUBLIC" different from "world"?

I'm sorry I can't dive in and show how to fix these things;
it's my intention to get that good, but I'm not there yet.

++ kevin

--
Kevin O'Gorman  (805) 650-6274  mailto:kogorman@pacbell.net
Permanent e-mail forwarder:  mailto:Kevin.O'Gorman.64@Alum.Dartmouth.org

"There is a freedom lying beyond circumstance,
derived from the direct intuition that life can
be grounded upon its absorption in what is
changeless amid change"   -- Alfred North Whitehead