It's a bug???? 8-()

От Vic
Тема It's a bug???? 8-()
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
  Hello, deary ALL !   What your say about this :
   I-have-a-simple-table :

create  table task_l(
 n serial,
 event       text,
 URL         text,                      /* ссылка */
 PID         int,                       /* PID   wget-а для  данной
задачи*/
 descripition  text,                    /*описание*/
 start_time  datetime DEFAULT (now()),  /* время запуска*/
 end_time    datetime,                  /*время  останова*/
 status      text                       /*результат выполнения :
OK,ERROR,ABORTED */
);
/*   AND RULE      */
create rule r_3 as
on UPDATE to task_l.url do
update task_l set start_time=now();

AND..... ERROR!!!!:

psql:3.sql:3: ERROR:  attribute level rules currently not supported

But is the another  solution  for  that's task : "write in EACH record
date-time last change!(or last  select  acces)"

 Ok.  Its  not  a error - its a  feature ( IMHO very stupid ;-\  )
create rule r_3 as
on UPDATE to task_l.url do
                    ^^^^^^^ I remove  this and  get forever-loop when
user update  start_time.
Yes  I make  field start_time in client  read-only, but..... its
solution  only for   one case !!!!
  Does any-body tell me best solution???

with regards   Vic.