Re: Proposed relaxation of CREATE RULE syntax

От Kevin O'Gorman
Тема Re: Proposed relaxation of CREATE RULE syntax
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> "Kevin O'Gorman" <kogorman@pacbell.net> writes:
> > I suggest that the CREATE RULE syntax be relaxed so that
> > it is legal to have a list of SELECT commands in a rule.
>
> I don't have any strong objection to this myself, but it would probably
> be a good idea to wait and see what Jan thinks of it before we change
> it.  (Kevin, Jan Wieck is the main developer of our rules stuff, and
> is more likely to know about any gotchas in the idea than the rest of
> us.)  I think Jan is still in Poland someplace, but hopefully he'll
> be back in touch before long.
>
> >   2) It breaks nothing (more things become legal)
>
> Given our earlier discussions, it might only be that it exposes things
> that don't work :-(.
>
>                         regards, tom lane

Of course, wait for the guy in charge of this area.  It's
not urgent for
me anyway, because I'm going to be working with a variant
pretty soon
anyhow, to support my research. (I'm gonna have to do things
in the
backend that you would not want distributed).

++ kevin

--
Kevin O'Gorman  (805) 650-6274  mailto:kogorman@pacbell.net
Permanent e-mail forwarder:

"There is a freedom lying beyond circumstance,
derived from the direct intuition that life can
be grounded upon its absorption in what is
changeless amid change"   -- Alfred North Whitehead