Re: Function that returns a tuple.

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Function that returns a tuple.
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Claudio,

> How can I write a function in sql or pl- pgsql that returns a set of
> tuples ?
I've had the same question myself for the past month, which has gone
unanswered (hint, hint, Jeff!).  Currently I'm using custom functions to
build views and then referenceing the views:

CREATE FUNCTION fun_generate_statistics (do a bunch of stuff, ending with:CREATE VIEW vw_generate_statistics (    bunch
ofstuff););

Then the front-end code references vw_generate_statistics.

Not elegant, but sufficient until I hear from Jeff or Jan Wieck.
                -Josh Berkus

--
______AGLIO DATABASE SOLUTIONS___________________________                                       Josh Berkus  Complete
informationtechnology      josh@agliodbs.com   and data management solutions       (415) 436-9166  for law firms, small

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: problem with select where like ']'
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Function that returns a tuple.