Re: AW: AW: ALTER TABLE DROP COLUMN

От Hiroshi Inoue
Тема Re: AW: AW: ALTER TABLE DROP COLUMN
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Zeugswetter Andreas SB wrote:

> > This style of "DROP COLUMN" would change the attribute
> > numbers whose positons are after the dropped column.
> > Unfortunately we have no mechanism to invalidate/remove
> > objects(or prepared plans) which uses such attribute numbers.
> > And I've seen no proposal/discussion to solve this problem
> > for DROP COLUMN feature. We wound't be able to prevent
> > PostgreSQL from doing the wrong thing silently.
>
> That issue got me confused now (There was a previous mail where
> you suggested using logical colid most of the time). Why not use the
> physical colid in prepared objects/plans. Since those can't currently change
> it seems such plans would not be invalidated.

Because I couldn't follow this thread well,I don't understand
what people expect now.
I've maintained my trial implementation for 2 months but
I couldn't do it any longer.

If people prefer 2x DROP COLUMN,I would give up my trial.
I know some people(Hannu, you .. ??)  prefer logical and physical
attribute numbers but Tom seems to hate an ugly implementa
-tation.  Unfortunately the implementation is pretty ugly and
so I may have to give up my trial also.

Regards.
Hiroshi Inoue