Re: AW: ALTER TABLE DROP COLUMN

От KuroiNeko
Тема Re: AW: ALTER TABLE DROP COLUMN
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > Not a big deal, right?
>
> Yes a big deal. You just lost all your oids.
After I hit the  wall with oids for the first time, I  don't refer to them
anymore :) But yes, you're perfectly right, this is one more reason to have
DDL completely `automated,' ie no manual substitutions.And here  the fact that  drop column is  rarely needed is  a
double-bladed
sword.  With things  that you  don't  do often,  you're at  risk to  forget
something essential and hose your data.

--
Well I tried to be meek And I have tried to be mildBut I spat like a woman And I sulked like a childI have lived behind
thewalls That have made me aloneStriven for peace Which I never have known

Dire Straits, Brothers In Arms, The Man's Too Strong (Knopfler)

От: "Mikheev, Vadim"
Сообщение: New file naming
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Precedence of '|' operator (was Re: [patch,rfc] binary operators on integers)