Hello to pgsql!

От Gerhard Kroder
Тема Hello to pgsql!
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi there,

i'm new to this mailing list(s) and just want  to say hello to everybody
here. Allow to introduce myself a little.

I'm German (so, please excuse any language problems i have) and work for
an company (you see "Organization:"? ;-) as Unix- and Network Admin
(though i'm still enrolled to an university to gain an engineering
degree). I've worked with Linux about five or six years now in several
places, don't really remember exactly  how long (first contacts to
kernel 0.98) and since 2 year also with SUN servers. Here a little AIX
is coming up to me.

I'm interested in PostgreSQL and the possibilities coming with it, and i
want to use it whithin my diploma thesis. No special experiences to any
RDBMS or SQL yet. I started getting closer to PostgreSQL in late spring
of '00 by looking at it's docu and especially bruce's draft. Now i do my
first real steps to design small DB's in SQL.  Therefore i subscribed to
this mailinglist(s).

So, that's enough for now.  I'll continue with writing "real" mails.
Have fun....

--
Gerhard Kroder