Re: backup and restore

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: backup and restore
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Lamar Owen Wrote:
> > And we thought 7.0 had alot of new features relative to 6.5.....
> I think the true feature-killer release was 6.5.

Well, this is true.  I skipped the whole 6.4 series for a reason :-).  I
just _knew_ 6.5 was going to be _it_... (in actuality, it's because
RPM's for 6.4 weren't available until 6.5 was nearly ready to
release...).

It was feature-shock to go from 6.3.2 to 6.5.... But the performance
difference was the real kicker, for multiuser concurrent processing.

But that changelog entry for 6.5.3->7.0 was _huge_.  And there were
significant changes to many files, not just a few -- the RPMset
differences were substantial from the building/packaging side, the side
I deal with.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio