Re: Docs reorganization

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: Docs reorganization
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> Anyway, let's look ahead...  Seemingly the intergrated document is
> somewhat redundant now, as it just combines the individual docs with a
> spartanic title page.  I would suggest that we instead create a nice,
> representative HTML title page by hand (with elephant pic, etc.) and don't
> build the integrated document separately any more.  That saves disk
> space/bandwidth, and confusion because of the different chapter numbering
> etc.  We could also put the identical title page on the website; that
> would increase the overall appearance of consistency in the docs.

Sounds good. I would like to try the same kind of title page for the
hardcopy docs, so perhaps we can do this within the sgml (but hand-built
html for the html docs is fine too).

> Also, we might want to split out the developer's guide (as opposed to
> programmer's guide).  The current integrated build already does that, and
> it should probably happen in general, since the addressed audiences are
> distinct.  I think we discussed this several times already, but we never
> actually laid down a decisive word.

That would be fine. I put them together originally only because each was
fairly small. But both have grown at least a little and you are right,
they are for distinct audiences.

                        - Thomas