Re: I want tips for debugging deadlocks

От Fabrice Scemama
Тема Re: I want tips for debugging deadlocks
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
By the way, we finally understood that our main problem,
the one that was making our Pg hang forever, comes from
a deadlock problem. Same as Hannu's one.

There are no deadlock detection, indeed. Good DBAs, or
DBAs working with good coders, will never come across
the problem :) but we did :(

I think a trace log being sent to the DBA would be
a great thing when a deadlock is detected, with if
possible the query that cannot be executed. Oracle
does a good job, there.

Fabrice