Re: off-topic: (sorta) freebsd -> oracle, lightweight

От Fabrice Scemama
Тема Re: off-topic: (sorta) freebsd -> oracle, lightweight
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
He can use DBD::Proxy over DBI as he can use ODBC through
network; but at the end, he still has to have a box where
he can install oracle drivers (which are binaries, and
requier you to launch oracle java installer, as if you
were going to install the whole beast, then to choose
to only install a client machine).

Well, Jim, you've got plenty of choices: NT, Linux,
Solaris, AIX, Sco... maybe a few others. But the only
free OS seems to be Linux. Maybe you should take a
cheap intel PC and install linux + oracle client library
on it.

Regards
Fabrice Scemama

--
"La  veritable et sincere  amitie' verbale  profondement superficielle
est  celle  sur laquelle  on  peut  absolument  compter quand  on  n'a