Re: Synch Replication

От K, Niranjan (NSN - IN/Bangalore)
Тема Re: Synch Replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Now, the active and standby database are up & running even after the
execution of the SQL (create table). What was the problem?

But when I logged in the standby instance by executing 'psql -d
replication', I did not see the table that was created on the primary.
I have few questions:

- I'am not sure whether the replication is done but I'am not able to
view? Will I be able to view the replication by logging inside to
standby instance? Hotstandby patch will allow to read from standby. Is
this patch integrated in sync replication patch?

- I brought down the active instance by executing 'pg_ctl -D
/home/postgres/postgresHSB/actdata stop' hoping that trigger file will
enable failover. But I was not able to login to standby instance. Not
sure why?

regards,
Niranjan

Вложения