Re: UnixODBC/Postgres & Excel...

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: UnixODBC/Postgres & Excel...
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
> I have Postgres 7 installed on solaris 2.6, using unixODBC (including the driver
> and driver manager that comes with unixODBC for Postgres) to make ODBC calls
> into Postgres.
> I am now interested in the possibility of being able to make queries to Postgres
> via Excel and ODBC on NT to generate reports.

I haven't done exactly what you are asking about, but...

You will need the client-side ODBC setup on your NT box. None of the
things labeled "ODBC" are relevant for the server-side machine, since
once the data is on the wire you are talking directly with the server.

So get the Win ODBC .dll package (I think it is on the Postgres ftp
site, and *should* be mentioned somewhere on the web site), install it,
configure it, and start running. The Postgres docs have some info on
these steps.

Good luck.
                        - Thomas