Re: Feedback on getting rid of VACUUM FULL

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Feedback on getting rid of VACUUM FULL
Дата
Re: Feedback on getting rid of VACUUM FULL  (Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> The way I read the thread so far is that there are multiple
> requirements:

> * Shrink a table efficiently - when time and space available to do so

To be addressed by the CLUSTER-based solution (VACUUM REWRITE or
whatever we call it).

> * Shrink a table in place - when no space available

To be addressed by the UPDATE-style tuple-mover (which could be thought
of as VACUUM FULL rewritten to not use any special mechanisms).

> * Shrink a table concurrently - when no dedicated time available

Wishful thinking, which should not stop us from proceeding with the
solutions we know how to implement.

Сообщение: Re: Feedback on getting rid of VACUUM FULL
Сообщение: Re: Feedback on getting rid of VACUUM FULL