Re: Can any_value be used like first_value in an aggregate?

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: Can any_value be used like first_value in an aggregate?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2024-06-25 at 14:11 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> The actual
> use case is a set of tripplets returned from a query, where I want on
> row for each distinct value in the first column, paired with the value
> in the second column, for which the third column is the largest. The
> second and third columns are effectively dependent on each other, so there
> won't be any ambiguity.

Try

  SELECT DISTINCT ON (first_column)
         first_column,
         second_column,
         third_column
  FROM the_table
  ORDER BY first_column, third_column DESC;

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: "Shenavai, Manuel"
Сообщение: RE: Autovacuum, dead tuples and bloat
От: Dominique Devienne
Сообщение: current_role of caller of a DEFINER function