Re: Proposal: new pg_dump options --copy-delimiter and

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Proposal: new pg_dump options --copy-delimiter and
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I could not disagree more. The invisibility of tabs makes their use as a
> delimiter wholly evil. I have lost count of the number of corrupted
> makefiles etc. I have seen because a tab got converted to a space and it
> was impossible to tell.

> More tears have been shed over tabs used than tabs unused. (Apologies to
> St Theresa).

That line of argument leads to the suggestion that pg_dump should just
use something else (I'd vote for "|"), all the time, in order to produce
more robust dump files.  I still don't see the argument for exposing
a switch though.

Сообщение: Re: Proposal: new pg_dump options --copy-delimiter and
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: new pg_dump options --copy-delimiter and