linking tables across databases

От Highway80 dude
Тема linking tables across databases
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Eric Spaulding wrote:

 > Anyone know an easy way to perform multi-database joins in postgres?

I would also like to know how people handle a situation where it is
neccesary to maintain related databases separately.
Right now I have a database which contains geographic data. Yet I want
to connect at least 1 other database to it for now and I will be
connecting more [differencet ones] to it in the future.

Does postgreSQL have some sort of [external] table linking facility?

Trying to do this [virtual external join] application side will cause
the db to be hammered with numerous selects just to perform a simple
logical operation. Is there a better alternative when merging the
databases is not an option?