Re: documentation structure

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: documentation structure
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> I'm opposed to having a separate file for every function.

I also think that would be a disaster.  It would result in a huge
number of files which would make global editing (eg markup changes)
really painful, and it by no means flattens the document structure.
Somewhere there will still need to be decisions that functions
A, B, C go into one documentation section while D, E, F go somewhere
else.

> I think
> breaking up func.sgml into one piece per sect1 is about right. If that
> proves cumbersome still we can look at breaking it up further, but let's
> start with that.

+1