Re: importing data

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: importing data
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Mental <Mental@NeverLight.com> writes:
> We were having trouble with characters that were high ascii encoded.

You probably need to pay attention to your client_encoding setting,
and perhaps also reconsider what database encoding you are using.
If either of these is not SQL_ASCII then it had better be an accurate
description of the character set you are using, else you're in for a
world of hurt :-(.  Also, setting client_encoding to SQL_ASCII when the
database encoding is something else does not get you out of having to
respect the encoding setting --- it just prevents any automatic
conversion from happening during I/O.  The data you ship had better be
in the database encoding in this case.