Re: [PHP-INST] problem compiling php for pgsql

От dave
Тема Re: [PHP-INST] problem compiling php for pgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jouni Ahto wrote:

> Either do a *full* install of PostgreSQL, not only headers, from sources
> and remove all the RPM's, or, because you seem to prefer them, install
> also postgresql-devel-7.0.2-2.i386.rpm, which I think is missing from your
> system, remove /usr/local/pgsql, ./configure --with-pgsql=/usr and
> recompile. Having bits of postgres installed from RPM's, other bits from
> sources to another place is very likely to play havoc on PHP's configure
> script.

Thanks, yes, it was the devel RPM I needed. Sorry, I should really
have spotted that - it was late!

Actually, given that the devel RPM puts includes in /usr/include,
which can then be used by seperate apps that interface with pgsql, is
there not an argument for including headers in the base or server RPM?
The devel RPM isn't the first thing that occurs when compiling a
different app.

(I'm sure there are good reasons!)

Thanks for your help.
Dave