Automatically ROLLBACK after fall in *ABORT STATE*

От hstenger@adinet.com.uy
Тема Automatically ROLLBACK after fall in *ABORT STATE*
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello dear people,

We all know PostgreSQL inability to handle exceptions. Inside a transaction, any
error will make it fall in *ABORT STATE*, and any further action not being
ROLLBACK, ABORT or COMMIT, will ask for a ROLLBACK, ABORT or COMMIT statement. I
want to know what exact code is executed inside PostgreSQL, when a ROLLBACK
statement is issued. Knowing that, I will modify backend/tcop/postgres.c, to do
the necesary calls to ROLLBACK, inmediately after AbortCurrentTransaction().
This will make PostgreSQL behave at least just like IBM's DB2, which rolls back
automatically after an error.

Regards,
Haroldo.

--