Re: Function Vanished

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Function Vanished
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
"Josh Berkus" <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
>> Should still be there in the table, if you haven't vacuumed.  Getting
>> it out again is another story though.  If it was a small enough
>> function,
>> good ol' "strings" would do to extract the function body, which is
>> probably all that you really need.  But if it's more than a couple K
>> then the text will be compressed and difficult to spot or extract.

> Can you explain that?  I think that the text may be short entough to be
> uncompressed.

Try running strings(1) on the pg_proc table, which will be ... hmm ...
$PGDATA/base/YOURDBOID/1255.  Look in pg_database if you're not sure of
the OID of the database you are using.

If you have not vacuumed then the latest version of the row will be the
one closest to the front of the last 8K page of the file (got that? ;-))
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: