Re: Some questions on user defined types and functions.

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: Some questions on user defined types and functions.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Well, that's a good question.  Does anyone else have an opinion on
> whether this would be a good/bad/indifferent feature?  We've seen
> problems in the past caused by depending on postmaster environment
> variables (restart the postmaster with different environment than
> usual, things mysteriously break).  So I'm inclined to feel that adding
> more dependence on them isn't such a hot idea.  But I'm not going to
> veto it if there's interest in the feature from other people.

As usual, I would like to see *more* support for environment variables
etc. This would fall into that category. You can choose to use it, or
choose to not, but the system has *more* flexibility when all is said
and done.

There is code in the postmaster which does the same thing, nearly. You
might want to check out the implementation there...

                       - Thomas