Clob or Blob in JDBC

От Matt Fair
Тема Clob or Blob in JDBC
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Greetings everyone,
I have for the past week been exposed to large amounts of frustration
due to the fact that I keep getting the message "not yet implemented"
with what every I try in the latest Postgresql JDBC.  I have read the
jdbc docs at sun, and I have read all of the postgresql docs for jdbc
(which even that example shows the "not yet implemented").  I have a few

questions questions that I just could not answer.
My questions:
1.  How can I store a String into the database? (can be up to 4000
characters, so I do not want to use varchar)
I have been told that if I were to take that string and convert it into
a byte[] that I could store it like that.  How can I convert a byte[]
into a Blob or Clob?  And when I do get a blob or a clob do I just use
setBlob?

2. Do I have to manually set the OID number?

3.  Is there a place on the internet where I can download the source for

the most current jdbc?  I downloaded the postgresql in Debian format so
I did not get the source.  I just have the source for the older
versions.

If someone could help me, possible show me part of some code that would
allow me to store my large Strings in the database.
Anything would be greatly appreciated, I am running out of options.

Thank you all in advance,
Matt Fair