Re: select using regexp does not use indexscan

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: select using regexp does not use indexscan
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Stephan Szabo <sszabo@megazone.bigpanda.com> writes:
> On Tue, 9 Nov 2004, carex wrote:
>> And it works also perfectly with Gentoo.
>> So,is this a typical "Redhat Enterprise" problem ?
>> Or do I overlook something ??

> IIRC, in 7.3.x, index scans are only considered in "C" locale for
> regexp/LIKE. In 7.4.x, non-"C" locale databases can use a special
> index of a different opclass (<typename>_pattern_ops I believe).

Not sure if this answer was explicit enough, so: evidently the database
was initdb'd in "C" locale on Gentoo, but in some other locale on Red Hat.
The only "typical Red Hat problem" is that they are more enthusiastic
about setting up non-C default locales than some other distros.
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: