Re: Alternative new libpq interface.

От Chris Bitmead
Тема Re: Alternative new libpq interface.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> If you want to implement a new C API, look at SQL/CLI in ISO/IEC
> 9075-3:1999. It would be a shame if we created yet another proprietary
> API.

As usual, our resident standards guru comes and saves the day. :-)

Ok, I'm going to implement the SQL3 C API, which is a streaming API. The
one change I'll make is I'll be adding a
Boolean SQLIsNewGroup(hstmt), so that the OO stuff can tell when a new
object type is on the way. Oh and I'll have some appropriate APIs for
postgres specific extensions, like SQLLastInsertOid().