Re: check constraint on multiple tables?

От Richard Broersma
Тема Re: check constraint on multiple tables?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 7:19 AM, Louis-David Mitterrand
<vindex+lists-pgsql-sql@apartia.org> wrote:

> CREATE TABLE cabin_type (

> CREATE TABLE cabin_category (

> CREATE TABLE cabin (

I'm just curious about a few things.

1) What is the difference between a cabin_type and a cabin_category.

2) Does each ship have an exclusive set of cabin_types that no other
ship can have?  The table definitions imply that this is so.

I'm just guessing here since I don't really understand the
relationships involved in a ship's cabins.  However, I would expect
that a cabin should be directly related to a ship.  Each cabin is
defined by a category according the set in the cabin_category table.

--
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.

http://pugs.postgresql.org/lapug

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: check constraint on multiple tables?
Сообщение: Re: check constraint on multiple tables?