Re: Rollback in Postgres

От Richard Broersma
Тема Re: Rollback in Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 1:38 PM, Kaare Rasmussen <kaare@jasonic.dk> wrote:
> Isn't this exactly what Alvaro describes? The time travel feature that was
> removed because it made Postgres too slow to use in production?

No, I imagine that time travel was built into the Postgresql
architecture and would work automatically with transaction ids and
tuple ids.

On the other hand, temporal tables/schemes are implemented by the data
modeller. Also the associated temporal operations on the data would be
handled by client DML designed to simulate temporal data operations.

--
Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.

Visit the Los Angles PostgreSQL Users Group (LAPUG)
http://pugs.postgresql.org/lapug