Re: Status of plperl inter-sp calling

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: Status of plperl inter-sp calling
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Jan 5, 2010, at 12:59 PM, Tim Bunce wrote:

> So you're suggesting SP::foo(...) _always_ executes foo(...) via bunch
> of spi_* calls. Umm. I thought performance was a major driving factor.
> Sounds like you're more keen on syntactic sugar.

I'm saying do both. Make the cached version the one that will be used most often, but make available a second version
thatdoesn't cache so that you get the sugar and the polymorphic dispatch. Such would only have to be used in cases
wherethere is more than one function that takes the same number of arguments. The rest of the time -- most of the time,
thatis -- one can use the cached version.

Best,

David