Re: Article on MySQL vs. Postgres

От Tim Perdue
Тема Re: Article on MySQL vs. Postgres
Дата
Re: Article on MySQL vs. Postgres  (The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Benjamin Adida wrote:

...useless rant about all MySQL users being stupid inept programmers
deleted....

> PHP folks have a bias, too: PHP was built with MySQL in mind, it even ships
> with MySQL drivers (and not Postgres). PHP's mediocre connection pooling
> limits Postgres performance.

Well the point of this article is obviously in relation to PHP. Yes,
Rasmus Lerdorf himself uses MySQL and I'm sure Jan would say he's a
"wannabee", not a "real developer".

Yes I'm sure that PHP was designed to make Postgres look bad. All
benchmarks are designed to make postgres look bad. All web designers
build everything in just that special way that makes postgres look bad,
and they all do it because they're inept and stupid, unlike the small
crowd of postgres users.

Tim

--
Founder - PHPBuilder.com / Geocrawler.com
Lead Developer - SourceForge