Re: create partitioned table with (like table INCLUDING ALL ) fails with "insufficient columns in UNIQUE constraint definition"

От Stuart
Тема Re: create partitioned table with (like table INCLUDING ALL ) fails with "insufficient columns in UNIQUE constraint definition"
Дата
Ответ на Re: create partitioned table with (like table INCLUDING ALL ) failswith "insufficient columns in UNIQUE constraint definition"  (Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp>)
Ответы Re: create partitioned table with (like table INCLUDING ALL ) failswith "insufficient columns in UNIQUE constraint definition"  (Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On 2018 Zvita 13, China 12:14:33 +03 Amit Langote wrote:
> On 2018/12/13 6:08, Stuart wrote:
> > Dear team,
> >
> > Another issue found with attempting to create partitioned table from (like
> > table including all).  Primary key constraints don't get recognized if
> > there are other unique constraints and indexes in the original table.
> > Creating a non-partitioned table works ok using the same options.
> >

> > =# \d+ knowledge
> >
> >                                                             Table
> >                                                             "public.knowl
> >                                                             edge"
> >
> >     Column     |            Type             | Collation | Nullable |
> >             Default              | Storage  | Stats target | Description>
> > ---------------+-----------------------------+-----------+----------+-----
> > ------------------------------+----------+--------------+------------->
> >  entry_date    | timestamp(3) with time zone |           | not null |
> >  now()                             | plain    |              |
> >  revision_date | timestamp(3) with time zone |           |          |
> >  NULL::timestamp with time zone    | plain    |              | entered_by
> >     | text                        |           | not null |
> >  "current_user"()                  | extended |              | revised_by
> >     | text                        |           |          | ''::text
> >                     | extended |              | source_id     | bigint
> >                    |           |          |
> >      | plain    |              | object_id     | bigint
> >     |           | not null | nextval('resource_seq'::regclass) | plain
> >  |              | description   | text                        |
> >  |          | ''::text                          | extended |
> >  | category_id   | bigint                      |           |          |
> >                                  | plain    |              | producer_id
> >   | bigint                      |           | not null |
> >                   | plain    |              | released      | date
> >                  |           |          | date(now())
> >    | plain    |              | copyprotected | date
> >   |           |          |                                   | plain    |
> >               | isindexed     | boolean                     |           |
> >           | false                             | plain    |              |
> >  filepath      | text                        |           |          |
> >  ''::text                          | extended |              | url
> >     | text                        |           |          | ''::text
> >                     | extended |              |>
> >     "knowledge_pk" PRIMARY KEY, btree (object_id), tablespace "pgindex"
> >     "knowledge_categoryfilepathurl_un" UNIQUE, btree (category_id,
> >     filepath, url) WHERE filepath IS NULL AND url IS NULL, tablespace
> >     "pgindex" "knowledge_filepath_un" UNIQUE CONSTRAINT, btree
> >     (filepath), tablespace "pgindex" "knowledge_url_un" UNIQUE
> >     CONSTRAINT, btree (url), tablespace "pgindex">
> > Inherits: products
> >

> > =# create table knowledge_new (like knowledge INCLUDING ALL ) PARTITION BY
> > RANGE ( object_id ) ; ERROR:  insufficient columns in UNIQUE constraint
> > definition
> [...]

Amit,

Thanks for your response.  So partitioning does not recognize a primary key
constraint on the partition key as a unique constraint? Shouldn't it?

Thanks,

Stuart