Re: pg_dump problem

От Ed Loehr
Тема Re: pg_dump problem
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Graham Vickrage wrote:

> I am trying to backup a production database running on v6.5 and restore it
> on our test machine running v6.5.
>
> The largest table has about 750,000 rows, the other 5 tables are very small
> approx 100 rows.
>
> When I try to restore the database using  "psql -e database < db.out" I get
> the error message
> "query buffer max length of 16384 exceeded" after each row.
>
> Would somebody please tell me how to increse this buffer (assuming this is
> whats required to solve the problem) as I have looked though the
> documentation and I am still struggling :-(

You probably don't need to increase the buffer.  More likely, there is an
unterminated string constant somewhere in db.out.  Yes, that would
probably be a bug in pg_dump, but I do vaguely recall problems in 6.5*
with pg_dump.  You might search deja for your error message.

Regards,
Ed Loehr

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: