Re: [HACKERS] Re: Call for port testing on fmgr changes --Results!

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: Call for port testing on fmgr changes --Results!
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
> I noticed the other day that the geometry output differs with the
> compiler optimization level. That can't be good.

It depends where the differences are. If they are just in the last few
decimal places, then it should be OK (though annoying for regression
test support).

With higher optimizations, they may be doing more inlining and using
different code sequences for, for example, the transcendental functions.

                     - Thomas