Re: v11.5- v15.3 upgrade (linux)

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: v11.5- v15.3 upgrade (linux)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 3/8/24 08:57, David Gauthier wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> When you say "dump/restore" do you mean pg_dump then running the
> resulting SQL into the destination DB?
> I like the replication option myself best (min downtime), especially as
> we use a DB alias for connections.  But I don't think I'll be able to
> sell that to the IT group.

You said the dump/restore has been tested.

How long did that take?

> Regarding the safety of running a "drop extension plperlu cascade" on
> the v11.5, would you consider that to be safe GIVEN that there are no
> plperlu procs that it will affect?  I need to be able to tell IT that
> I'm not the only one who thinks that it's safe.

BEGIN;

DROP LANGUAGE plperlu;

ROLLBACK;

See if the above complains about anything depending on it.

If not:

DROP EXTENSION plperlu;

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Ron Johnson
Сообщение: Re: creating a subset DB efficiently ?
От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: v11.5- v15.3 upgrade (linux)