Re: Use T_IntList for uint32

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Use T_IntList for uint32
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> writes:
> Currently pg_list.h doesn't have a variant for uint32 list (like
> T_UIntList), is there a reason other than that that we don't need it
> till now?

I'm not in favor of adding another list variant code just for that;
the overhead is nonzero, and the gain negligible.  (I think the reason
we have OID lists is the idea that someday we'd want to make OID 64-bit.
A list type defined as "UInt" would offer no such future-proofing.)

The code you quote probably ought to be casting the result of lfirst_int
to uint32, but I see no reason to work harder.