Re: Merging two columns into one

От Jeff Hoffmann
Тема Re: Merging two columns into one
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
"D'Arcy J.M. Cain" wrote:

> PostgreSQL could use a
> phone number type.  I have been meaning to write a user defined type
> for some time but never seem to get around to it.  Maybe you could
> give this a shot.  The examples in contrib should get you started.
> Once finished you can make the phone # one column and split out parts
> with various functions.  Don't forget to have a place for country code
> and extension.

i messed around with one a while back, but i dropped it before i
finished it.
if i recall correctly, it was mostly working, but i don't know if i
broke it again after that or not.  i'll put a copy of it on my web site
-- you can download it, clean it up and put it in contrib if you want.
i just tarred up the files, there's no documentation for it & barely any
copyright info in it.  put whatever license you want on it if you want
to reuse it.

the files located at:
http://www.potlatch.org/source/phone.tar.gz

--