Re: Interesting mention of PostgreSQL in news

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: Interesting mention of PostgreSQL in news
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Trond Eivind Glomsrød wrote:
> Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org> writes:
> > They noted that changes were required to config.sub and config.guess --
> I thought they needed some spinlock asm as well? I think that's what
> missing from getting it to run on ia64.

The exact changes are at http://penguinvm.princeton.edu/patches , and a
source RPM for 6.5.3 is also available at
http://linux.s390.org/download/ftp/SRPMS as postgresql-6.5.3-4.src.rpm.
The patches include some other stuff, too.

The patch you are referring to is a one-liner asm for the spinlock.

Again, these patches are against 6.5.3, thus far.

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio