Re: Postgres with php3

От Andrew McMillan
Тема Re: Postgres with php3
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Carsten Huettl wrote:

> In this situation of testing I start postgresql or the postmaster
> manually. It works. I can login. Create dbs and a smple of tables.
> But I cannot connct via the phpPGadmin thats the point of trouble.

Is php loading the pgsql.so module?  Does PHP on Red Hat use dynamic loading of
modules? Is it loading the _right_ pgsql.so module?  Is php configured with an
appropriate directory for loading modules?  Is php compiled with support for
PostgreSQL?  Does phpinfo() tell you anything interesting/useful?

If you turn on syslog support in your php.ini you might find some really useful error
messages in your syslog.

I use PHP against PostgreSQL all the time with no problems, but I don't know what the
issues might be with Red Hat I'm afraid since I use Debian.  Hence the of-the-wall,
basic check suggestions :-)

Good luck,
                    Andrew.
            Andrew McMillan, e-mail: Andrew@cat-it.co.nz
Catalyst IT Ltd, PO Box 10-225, Level 22, 105 The Terrace, Wellington
Me: +64 (21) 635 694, Fax: +64 (4) 499 5596, Office: +64 (4) 499 2267