Re: huge memory of Postgresql backend process

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: huge memory of Postgresql backend process
Дата
Re: huge memory of Postgresql backend process  (David Rowley <dgrowleyml@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
"James Pang (chaolpan)" <chaolpan@cisco.com> writes:
>   We just switch from Oracle to PGV13, all of these tables got partition (256 HASH partition) ,  when UPDATE/DELETE
...WHERE . The memory increase verify quickly until >130M. not too much data in these tables.  When we switch to
PGV14.5, test again, still see similar memory consumption issue.

I see no particular reason to think this is a bug.  If you have a
lot of partitions, there is going to be a lot of metadata for them.
Moreover, HASH partitioning is effectively incapable of being
pruned, so that every query is going to touch every partition.
(IMO, hash partitioning is basically never a good idea.)

От: PG Bug reporting form
Сообщение: BUG #17611: SJIS conversion rule about duplicated characters differ from Windows
От: "James Pang (chaolpan)"
Сообщение: RE: huge memory of Postgresql backend process