Re: Access Permission Denied

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: Access Permission Denied
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> Warning: PostgresSQL query failed: ERROR: userinfo: Permission denied.
> when I try to connect to a database over the web.

Your web interface is running as a specific user ("nobody"? Something
else??) and this user must be known to Postgres via the createuser
command.

> p.s. Is there any new-user friendly documentation available?

We'd like to think that all of the documentation is "new user friendly",
but of course it is probably not, at least in some areas :/

We'd be happy to address any specific questions, comments, and
suggestions, and getting feedback from new users is the way to do it.
Once you aren't a "new user", then you will want something different
from the docs, and those of us who have been around Postgres for a while
probably do not understand very well what exactly is missing.

So, please send along specific suggestions, or general comments on what
you are having trouble finding or understanding, and we'll try to evolve
the docs to do better.

Regards.

                  - Thomas