Re: New alpha spinlock code passes regression test

От Adriaan Joubert
Тема Re: New alpha spinlock code passes regression test
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> Cool --- did you try the parallel regress tests, or just sequential?
>
> My experience is that it takes quite a few iterations of the parallel
> tests before you should have much confidence that there aren't locking
> bugs lurking.  But if it comes through that, send in the patch and
> we'll gratefully accept it!

I've run the regression tests several times (also the parallel ones and
bigtest). It failed geometry, but it always does due to different
rounding. Passed everything else, so it looks ok.

Now I'm trying to figure out how I can do a sensible timing test on the
two versions to see whether it is any faster. The postgres benchmark
finishes in such a ridiculously short time, that that isn't telling me
anything.

Adriaan