Re: oracle rownum equivalent?

От Ed Loehr
Тема Re: oracle rownum equivalent?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
mikeo wrote:

> thanks for the response.  oid is equivalent to oracle rowid.
> rownum can be used similar to the limit option of select in postgres
> but in oracle it can also be used in a where clause, or as an assigment
> in an update statement for instance.
>
> eg: update ctmaster set bsc_id = mod(rownum,3) +1;
>
> this gives me a way to assign streams to rows in a load balanced manner
> on the fly, for example.  i use it in other more involved ways than this
> also.  i cannot do this with limit.  i could do this with sequence with
> a max value but i'd have to define a sequence each time i wanted to do
> something "on the fly" or for what ifs.
>
> what i'm also interested in is how to find reference to these type of
> pseudo-columns, even just the names of them, if they're listed somewhere.

I think this might be the list, but you might query pgsql-hackers for
more info.  There was a recent thread involving this..

    ctid
    oid
    xmin (minimum transaction number)
    xmax
    cmin (minimum command number)
    cmax

ctid may be what you're looking for, but I don't understand very well how
these are used.  Maybe someone else can say or you can experiment...

Regards,
Ed Loehr

(PS:  Posting to only one of -general or -sql will almost always be
sufficient.)

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: