Re: Problems with char array set to NULL

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: Problems with char array set to NULL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> jlapham@gandalf.bioqmed.ufrj.br writes:
> > v7.0.0:
> > template1=# create table a (id char[2]);
> > CREATE
> > template1=# insert into a (id) values (NULL);
> > pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.

Just curious, but does postgreSQL support array _elements_ set to NULL.

hannu=# insert into arr values ('{1,2,3}');
INSERT 310985 1
hannu=# insert into arr values ('{1,NULL,3}');
ERROR:  pg_atoi: error in "NULL": can't parse "NULL"

If not, should it ?

From my little knowledge on structure of storage I'd suppose it does
not and that it would require changing the array machinery to do so.

Maybe this question is more aproppriate for  pgsql-hackers-oo@postgresql.org
but for some strange reason my subscription confirmation was rejected to
all new pgsql-hackers-xxx lists with a message like this

Token for command:   subscribe=request@postgresql.org pgsql-hackers-smgr Hannu Krosing
<hannu@tm.ee>
issued at: Wed May 24 15:04:23 2000 GMT
from sessionid: b9ac0349622ef0032295b46f5510bad9
was accepted with these results:

**** The following was not successfully added to pgsql-hackers-smgr: Hannu Krosing <hannu@tm.ee>

1 valid command processed; its status is indeterminate.

Hannu